The Fourth Annual Western Maine Fly Fishing Expo is coming again in March of 2015. We will be updating our list of vendors and speaker schedule as people and companies commit to this event for 2015. Check back often for the latest updates.
The Western Maine Fly Fishing Expo has helped the Mollyockett Chapter of Trout Unlimited raise close to $20, 000. As a result of that success, in 2013:
• We removed a dam in order to open up some prime spawning water in a Crooked River tributary.
• We replaced an elevated culvert on Aldrich Brook near Aziscohos Lake, again allowing fish access to prime spawning waters.
• We sponsored a child at Maine Trout Camp.
• We funded an afterschool fly tying program for middle schoolers at the Telstar School in Bethel, Maine.
• We teach fly casting lessons at the University of Maine 4H Camp in Bryant Pond, Maine.
• We participated along with the Sebago Chapter of TU and the Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife in the reclamation project at Abbots Pond, Maine.
• We completed a landlocked salmon red count on Swett Brook in Albany, Maine.
• We sponsored a river clean up day on the Little Androscoggin River in South Paris, Maine.
Date: March (date TBD), 2015, 9am–4pm
Place: Bethel Inn Resort in beautiful Bethel, Maine
Admission: $5 (15 years old and younger are free)
Film: 7:00pm, Second Annual Premier of Carter Davidson's
Attention Portland Moms: JBF sale this weekend
This is the most fantastic sale of the year for used baby stuff. I got my pack n play there for less than 10 dollars last year. Its up at the expo center. If anyone wants the information for it, feel free to post here or email me, I dont want to spam, but this is a FANTASTIC sale. Oh and if you are a first time parent you can sign up and get into a pre sale before the rest of the public, and sunday is half price day!
Update: Portland web links
Bridges of Portland Oregon:
SwingOut.net - swing dancing in Portland
McMenamins pubs and theaters
Bergfreunde - ski and activity club
Trails Club of Oregon (Portland)
Portland City Club
Portland Chamber of Commerce
PINT of Portland
Oregon Entrepreneurs Forum
Software Association of Oregon
Oregon Creative Services Alliance
Oregon Multimedia|Internet Developers Group
American Marketing Association Portland chapter
PRSA Portland chapter
International Association of Business Communicators
- Portland chapter
Wired Women Web
Portland Oregon Women on the Web
Internet Professionals Northwest (Portland)
Portland Business Journal Events
Comin' to Vegas
We're comin' to Vegas for a conference. We're young business owners and therefore are doin' it on the cheap. Driving down from Portland, Oregon actually.
Staying at the old motel Algiers. Heard it was a good basic place to lay your head at night.... that true?
Convention/Expo we're going to is at the Sands Expo Center at the Venetian. Is that something two atheletic 30 year olds could walk or is it too far. If too far, then what's the best way to get to it.
Also, what should we do and not do (I know... big question, but thought I'd see what people thought)
Re: Have you tried Saturday market ?
Saturday market isn't a flea market - I'd describe it as "artist's market" or "local small business stalls". No one-time resellers, and certainly not a place for two big tables of crap from my basement. I'm looking for a hamfest, or a higher-end flea market where educated technology people go to surf through interesting used gear. So far, no good leads. Someone sent me a listing for "The Portland Flea Market at the Expo Center" but Google turns up no meaningful results for describing what, exactly, that is.