Visit our members be at the following shows:
Sunday, November 3rd at the Original Wedding Expo at the Twin River Event Center:
Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment
Sunday, November 10th at the Grand Wedding Expo at Demetri’s:
Arpeggio Wedding Entertainment
Eloquent Images Photography
World Wise Travel
What should I expect?
In a nutshell you should expect crowds, food samples, bridal gowns, décor, giveaways, fashion shows and everything you could possibly need to help plan your wedding.
Yes bridal shows can be a bit overwhelming so we came up with useful tips for you
- Pre-register for the show – this will make you feel like a VIP when you arrive since you will get to skip the registration line.
- Make labels- your hand will thank you later! You will want to sign up to get more information and win prizes so make labels that have your name, wedding date and email. (Tip-make an email dedicated to your wedding)
- When talking with vendors ask about availability first.
- Bring your calendar/notebook-While talking with vendors if you like what you hear, schedule an appointment with them. Bring a notebook to take down notes. Use your phone to take pictures of things you see that you like or want for your wedding.
- Ask questions and allow the vendors to educate you- In most cases, the wedding professionals at bridal shows will be able to provide you with valuable information that will assist you in planning your wedding, if you give them a few minutes of your time.
- Wear comfortable shoes- You will be on your feet all day, so it pays to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Make a day of it – Plan on attending the bridal show for several hours. Remember, it could take two months to see the same number of vendors if you drove to each of their locations.
I love The Knot, the website is very helpful.. and there's discussion boards on there as well.
I like to flip through bridal magazines, I've got a lot from those, especially a local Michigan Brides magazine, so I don't know if your state has one of those.
Any bridal shows around where you live? That's something worth checking into :)
Car history check in NZ
6k budget club!
My FH and I have a 6k budget as well. We are keeping it less costly by deciding what i want and then finding it cheaper online. We found a reception hall that basically does it all for under $3,000! I have gone to millions of bridal shows for ideas and deals. Our professional photographer is only costing us $650 and they are all over so check them out! they are in Indiana, Florida, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Texas, Wisconsin, and Ohio.
I am getting a great deal on linens at this site
In Detroit area - locaton, location, location!!
Your plan sounds like a winner.
I personally would position my location to be easy to reach from 696, 96, 94, 75, 275, etc. You will potentially get clients from all of S.E. Michigan.
Flint, Lansing, Toledo, Port Huron, etc. should be able to get on the highway and reach you within an hour. You have a very populated area to draw from.
If I were looking at this type of business, I wouldn't be concerned about prime, "Main $teet" retail space, as much as a large space with plenty of on-site parking. Think: close to the freeway, warehouse/studio (paint it white and add lots of tulle & mirrors) space that you can grow into and is cheaper - AND you can host bridal fashion shows regularly! With an on-line presence, and good word of mouth, your clients WILL find you