GREAT EVENT FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE AUTOMOTIVE INDUSTRY!!
What: The “Southern Indiana Automotive Expo”
Where: Greensburg, Indiana
When: June 20-21, 2013
Why: 1) Provide an excellent chance for promoting the products of
automotive manufacturers, automotive suppliers, and automotive
2) Learn about ongoing trends in the auto industry from
How: Open the 2 updated attachments for more details. Complete the
“Registration and Sponsor” form and return it by June 13, 2013.
The “Southern Indiana Automotive Expo” will be held on June 20-21, 2013 in Greensburg, Indiana. Automotive related companies from around Indiana and the Midwest will gather to exhibit their manufacturing and service capabilities. Opportunities for exhibitors and sponsorships are now available!!
The Expo’s 1st day featured speakers include:
1) Brian Harlow, Vice President, Chrysler Group
2) Bob Nelson, President, Honda Manufacturing of Indiana
A panel discussion will be held on the 2nd day of this event. Example topics include:
1) The Automotive Industry’s “Green” Movement
2) Advanced Automotive Manufacturing
3) The Current State of the Automotive Industry
4) Workforce Needs in the Automotive Industry
And for overnight accommodations, just mention “Southern Indiana Automotive Expo” for these rates:
1) Hampton Inn & Suites: $83 / 812-662-6146
2) Holiday Inn Express: $79 / 812-663-5500
3) Quality Inn & Suites: $59 / 812-663-9998
The “Southern Indiana Automotive Industry Expo” is being organized by the Economic Development Corporation of Greensburg Decatur County (EDCGDC), its Auto Expo Committee, and numerous volunteers. For more information please call the EDCGDC at 812-222-2520.
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the
computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with
technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00
cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."
In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release
stating: If GM had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be
driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a