It's time we support our friendly local arts organizations
I've decided to start a new organization: End Artist Starvation (EAS). I know it's not a very catchy title for an organization, but it gets to the point. Too many of our arts organizations and the singers, painters, actors, playwrights and directors they support are struggling. Keeping underfunded arts companies functioning has become an artform in itself. It's crazy that those who provide so much creativity to our civic life are living on the economic edge.
Sure, the hunger in Africa is worse. But they have Bono. Where's our Bono? Heck, I would take the Edge on a part-time basis to end starvation among Albuquerque artists. The reality is that we all need to become champions for a strong vital local arts community. Think of yourself as Albuquerque's Bono, without the great band. You, too, can be a champion for the arts. In the name of love. OK, that's enough.
Right now we spend more money on almost everything in state and local government than we do on the arts. We spend more on public buildings, more on government travel and more on animal control in our community.
Someone (I don't think it was Bono) said you can judge a society by how it treats its oldest and weakest citizens. Someone else said you can judge a community by how it supports the arts. Of course, the second guy was probably a starving artist and not on Social Security. But the point is well-taken.
Albuquerque is fortunate to have some of the best and most unique arts companies and facilities in the nation, from the avant garde Tricklock Company to the National Flamenco Institute to Working Classroom. We also have some incredible performance spaces, from the Roy Disney Theatre at the National Hispanic Cultural Center to the historic KiMo Theatre. What we don't have enough of is two things: cheap, safe rehearsal space for performing arts groups and money for programs.
It's time we fixed that. We can't keep building glorious performance spaces and then cut funding for programming of local performers and promoters. As Bach once said, “That don't make sense.” Dave Bach was that starving artist I mentioned earlier. It's hard to argue that we are committed to the arts when the KiMo Theatre gets less money every year from the city than the City Clerk's office.
Community arts expo & musical performances 2/23
A cd release!
live music! (GOH NAKAMURA! EE! GOLDA SUPERNOVA! DJVNA! SAMBASIA! DJ TORO! others!)
drinks & things!
djs & stuff!
reasons to justify the otherwise obnoxious overuse of exclamation points!
celebrate ksw community on thursday, february 23rd at commotion.
join ksw and local artists for ksw's 7 years of APAture cd release and community arts expo event. featuring musical performances by:
and DJ TORO
you'll also have the chance to browse the wares and artwork of ksw and local artists throughout the evening, while enjoying the vibe and imbibing fine liquid concessions
INDIE ARTS EVENTS
IF YOU ARE AN INDEPENDENT ARTIST / MUSICIAN , FASHION DESIGNER , DANCER , FILM DIRECTOR / FILM STUDENT , BOOK WRITER , PAINTER , LOCAL PROMOTER , SPOKEN WORD ARTIST , MERCHANDISE VENDOR ,OR ANYTHING ELSE UNDER THE INDIE ARTIST UMBRELLA THIS MAY BE OF GREAT INTEREST TO YOU !
WHAT : ONE WORLD
INDIE ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT EXPO
SPOKEN WORD~DJ ,
WHEN : SATURDAY,JULY 2ND & SUNDAY,JULY 3RD 2005
12 NOON-MIDNIGHT (SATURDAY)
ALL AGES EVENT
WHERE : THE ART TEMPLE
MULTIMEDIA ART CENTER
7141 INDIAN CREEK DRIVE
INDIE ARTS EVENT registration this Saturday!!!
ATTENTION ALL INDEPENDENT ARTIST( music,fashion,film,theatre,dance,spoken word,etc.)
ONE WORLD INDIE ART & FASHION EXPO
SATURDAY,JULY 2ND(12 NOON-MIDNIGHT)
SUNDAY,JULY 3RD (3PM-MIDNIGHT)
ALL AGES EVENT
ADVANCED TICKETS:$15/1-DAY PASS,$25/2-DAY PASS TICKETS AT THE DOOR:$20/1-DAY PASS,35/2-DAY PASS
CHILDREN UNDER 12 ARE IN FREE WITH PARENT OR GUARDIAN
Registration day for the ONE WORLD INDIE ART & FASHION EXPO will be held on Saturday,June 4th 2005 inside THE ART TEMPLE ART & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX on Miami Beach at 2pm . Registration fees for all artist are as follows
Polk Audio AA2691-A MM691 6x9 3-Way Speaker
Car Audio or Theater (Polk Audio)
- Neodymium Magnets a rare earth metal offering exceptional strength to performance ratio
- Carbon Composite Basket based on the spokes of a wheel is lightweight
- Klippel Optimized Components using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer
- Woven Glass Composite Cones feature tremendous stiffness-tomass ratio. Lower mass means faster transients and finer detail.
- Large-Diameter Voice Coils (30mm) in drivers increase reliability and power handling capacity.
Balumpa France party & event
Mobile Application (Inerio)
- Planning to travel in France? Or already there and looking for ideas to go out? Balumpa helps you find events taking place around you now, in the next hours or at...
- Need any help to decide? Use your Facebook network to see where your friend are going and join them.
- As soon as you joined the event, check-in there and see if friends or even friends of friends are there And meet them.
- Data Roaming limit? Think about using our app connected to a wifi, before leaving your Hotel room or your Bed and Breakfast.
- Kind of events: Concerts, Theatre and Theater plays, Dance, Shows, Children s workshops, Sporting events, French wine tasting, etc. Balumpa is your party, culture...
- Museums and theatres
- Théâtre du Châtelet and the national theatres are very well known but take the time to discover the others.
- What about museums? The Louvre, Centre Pompidou, Orsay and Arts Premiers are to be visited first, but you can also see Victor Hugo s house, the France Musée d Art...
- A selection of theaters: Municipal theaters with Maison de la Poésie, Théâtre 14 Jean-Marie Serreau, Silvia Monfort, du Rond Point, Paris Villette, Vingtième Théâtre...
Essential Gomadic AC /DC Charge Accessory Bundle for the LG GW820 eXpo. Kit includes the Gomadic Home and Car Chargers at a Money Saving Price. Based on TipExchange Technology
- This Gomadic Car charger has a wide input voltage range of 12-24vDC to support all vehicle charging ports. Works in cars, trucks, planes, boat, RVs and more (both...
- Gomadic TipExchange Technology protects your investment by allowing you to change/upgrade either charger by simply swapping the physical charging tip. (Charging...
- Gomadic Wall Charger is built to support worldwide voltage input levels ranging from 100-240vAC /50-60 Hz. High output 10W /2A transformer provides output voltage...
- Backed by our Gomadic Lifetime Warranty. Quality products protected by a quality guarantee.
- Both Gomadic car and wall chargers employ state of the art, advanced internal circuitry to protect LG GW820 eXpo from power surges, overcharging and short-circuiting.